- The value of LibraryThing tags… “Almost 40 percent of the records with tags can be considered as enriched.” 2012-05-23
- RT @miriamkp: MT @colleengreene: A great read on web design #ux >> Stop Redesigning And Start Tuning Your Site Instead http://t.co … 2012-05-22
- RT @SpringerSBM: RT @victoriastodden: Springer launches open access journal on (big) data science methods: http://t.co/aaLLquI7 #oa 2012-05-21
- RT @altmetrics12: BREAKING: #altmetrics12 paper deadline extended to June 1, thanks to late growing interest (and short notice on orig d … 2012-05-21
- RT @ORCID_Org: Mike Taylor show screenshots of Scopus -> ORCID import wizard, which is ready now. Will allow to select publications f … 2012-05-21
- RT @ORCID_Org: Mike Taylor: Elsevier is working on Scopus import into ORCID to be ready on day 1 of ORCID service. #orcid7 2012-05-21
- RT @anitawaard: ScholarONe, Nature, Scopus all have ORCID integration already in place: I’ll take that ‘questions re. uptake’ bit back, … 2012-05-21
- RT @anitawaard: Just saw @elsevierlabs Mike Taylor’s slides on Scopus/ORCID integration – great job Mike! #orcid7 2012-05-21
- RT @BoraZ: RT @sciamblogs: When Should Schools Start in the morning? http://t.co/E7TsQqaB by @BoraZ at #SciAmBlogs 2012-05-21
Archive for the 'tagging' Category
# habib: RT @jaykaydee: My dissertation: “Beliefs and Uses of Tagging Among Undergraduates” http://bit.ly/97bJQI If you’re into that sort of thing
# habib: RT @mfenner: New blog post: ORCID session at #solo10 and other important #orcid news http://bit.ly/crZzWg
# habib: RT @gthorisson: My latest SlideShare upload: ORCID presentation from Science Online London 2010 – http://slidesha.re/dqjO0F
# habib: RT @ORCID_Org: We’re officially a non-profit! Announced today, ORCID initiative is now ORCID, Inc
# RT @IanMulvany: #solo10 some pics and links to presentations from the session I hosted.
# WEBINAR (free): The Future of Search and Discovery, Sept. 8 w/ Jud Dunham and Cameron Neylon http://t.co/tiia9JS
# RT @Machemes: New and Unique Tool Eases the Process of Finding Article Reviewers: The search is based on the Scopus macheme fo… http://bit.ly/9U3bEy
# My slides from Connecting Scientific Resources at Science Online London 2010 available at http://t.co/3vrgEc1 #solo10 #li @IanMulvany @rjw
I am interested to see how this spreads. Could libraries use this method? From the site: “Have you ever wondered what a group of highly talented and motivated people could accomplish in a weekend? Could they start a company from concept to completion?”
Blog for the first Startup Weekend.
The product/company birthed at Startup Weekend: “VoSnap is a social voting tool that reduces time wasted on decision-making, makes sure everyone in the group has a voice, and gives instant feedback on fun or serious decisions.”
OpenID and Education.
From 04/06 – “Tagging systems don’t work because a ton of people use them; they work because tags are valuable to us. “
This student needs help conducting research on his Master’s Thesis on “Collaborative Indexing Systems”, i.e. tagging. Please take his 15 minute tagging “survey” if you get a chance. “Tobias Kowatsch, Student of Computer Science in Media at Hochschule Fu
BIGWIG got in trouble with LITA for not using enough LITA branding. However, I am joining LITA because of BIGWIG.
Karen Coombs’ response to Jason’s post and the LITA Letter. “But the truth is that the only way the system changes is if people participate and try to change it.”
A deeper discussion of ALA committees resulting.
A peak at Del.icio.us usability testing. Posted on Flickr of course.